Thursday, November 20, 2008

theme

        At first, I thought theme was the moral of a story, but I learned that this was wrong.

        Actually, theme is the central idea or insight about human life revealed by a work of literature.

        Some themes are universal, which means that they are so commonly found in the literature of all cultures and all ages.

        Themes are can be found in all genres of literature; the five main genres of literature are non-fiction, fiction, poetry, drama, and myth.

        Since I now understand theme, I can find the theme of my favorite movie.  My favorite movie is 300. The theme of this movie is don’t give up no matter if your underestimated.

        On my theme pretest, I was at grade-level. On my posttest, I hope that I will be far above grade-level.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger